One of my favorite time and money savers is to “soup up” jarred pasta sauce! Nothing could be quicker or easier. Usually your time from pantry to table is 15-30 minutes! Here are two of my family’s favorite “souped up” pasta dishes. (Find the other here.)
- 1 pound Rotini (Spiral) Pasta
- 8 ounces Fresh Portabella Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 28 ounces Tomato Sauce, I like tomato and basil or four cheese for this recipe.
- ½ cup Marsala Cooking Wine, if you don't have marsala wine, substitute any non-dessert red wine.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, sautee mushrooms in olive oil over medium heat for a couple minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to saucepan, reduce heat, and simmer until pasta is cooked.
Have you got a favorite “souped up” pasta dish to share? Add it in our recipe section.