One of my favorite time and money savers is to “soup up” jarred pasta sauce! Nothing could be quicker or easier. Usually your time from pantry to table is 15-30 minutes! Here are two of my family’s favorite “souped up” pasta dishes. (Find the other here.)
- 1 pound Mini Penne Pasta, mini penne are also called piccolini.
- 24 ounces Tomato Sauce, i use tomato and basil.
- 4 ounces Cooked Chicken, cubed
- 8 ounces Frozen Peas
- 1 block Cream Cheese, the reduced fat kind works just fine.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine remaining ingredients in a small sauce pan and heat over low heat while pasta is cooking.
- Combine sauce and pasta and serve. Garnish with fresh grated Parmesan cheese and a nice green salad, if desired.
Have you got a favorite “souped up” pasta dish to share? Add it in our recipe section.