Being a mom is awesome, but there is still nothing much that beats taking a night off! And nobody knows how to have fun better than a bunch of off duty moms- all you need to do is put out some appetizers and an activity and you’ll all have a fine, delicious time! These meatballs fit the bill, and since they take care of themselves in the crock pot, they won’t interrupt your party prep.
In addition to being easy peasy, these are also hearty and delicious, so if your friends have had to come straight from work, they won’t have to try and fill up on crackers and too much wine- they will thank you in the morning!
- 2 lbs frozen meatballs (I like turkey)
- 15 ounce jar of apricot preserves
- ⅔ cup no sugar added tomato sauce (or crushed tomatoes work, too)
- ½ cup white wine (I used Sauvignon blanc)
- 2 Tablespoons dried diced onions
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- Put the frozen meatballs into the crockpot. Combine the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs.
- Cover and cook on high 2-3 hours or until hot through.
- Serve with marinated mozzarella balls and crusty Italian bread! MMMMM!