OR how to salvage your eMeals recipe after a well-known, popular grocery delivery service brings you such badly damaged zucchini that you can’t make grilled stuffed zucchini boats after all. (Yes, we have huge, giant, first world problems. It weighs heavily on us.)
This was not Plan A, but it was delicious and we’ll be having it again.
- 1¼ lb Sweet Italian Sausage (I used links, but ground is fine)
- 5 zucchini, washed and sliced (really it was about 4.5. I started with six.)
- 1 28 oz jar of tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1½ cups frozen corn kernels
- 3 large garlic cloves, pressed
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese (or low fat mozzarella, if you prefer.)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large casserole dish, layer your ingredients as follows: Sausage, zucchini, corn, onion and garlic, tomato sauce, cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 400 for 45 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake 15 minutes more until sauce is bubbly and cheese is browned.