Chicken Piccata is one of my husband’s favorite, favorite dishes of all time. When I first made it in the crock pot, I was delighted to find out that my kids love it too. This one is going into our family “keeper” file.
- 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ cup flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 3.5 oz jar of capers, drained
- 2 Tbsps dried parsley (or ⅓ cup chopped fresh)
- Put the olive oil in a large skillet and heat over medium high heat.
- Mix the flour with the salt and pepper. Unroll the boneless thighs, and and dredge them in the flour mixture.
- Brown the chicken pieces in the olive oil. This doesn’t take long as you don’t need to cook them all the way through, just brown the outsides nicely, then remove them to the crock pot. Maybe 2 minutes a side, but it depends on how hot your pan is.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and pour them over the chicken pieces.
- Cook 4-6 hours on low.
- If you wish, garnish the chicken with a little chopped fresh parsley when you serve.
Visit our Cookin’ Hot Mamas page for more awesome recipes, indexed by ingredient. Follow us on Pinterest for even more original, delicious, and totally awesome recipes!
Follow us on Pinterest for even more original, delicious, and totally awesome recipes!