Once you and your kiddo have finished reading Old MacDonald Had a Dragon, he’ll want to carry the theme mouse/cookie style. Here are some ideas:
- Start with some Farm Printables and follow up with a visit to a nearby Pick Your Own farm.
- Play The Farmer in the Dell, and then visit a local farmer’s market.
- Start a mini green house.
- Play “Old MacDonald Says.” (Just substitute Old MacDonald for Simon and proceed as usual.)
- Have a “wheelbarrow” race. (Oh, gosh, the giggles when I tell my kid he’s about to be a wheelbarrow.)
Farm lesson resources
- Farm Theme Preschool Lesson
- Printable animal flash cards
- Farm Unit Bulletin Boards
- Old MacDonald Preschool Lesson