Here is a quick, easy recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki. This can be an easy make-ahead for the freezer. I always skin my chicken and package it in meal-size quantities, so all I do to make this a freezer meal is throw the other ingredients (except the pineapple) in a second freezer bag, label, and freeze. Then, when it’s Teriyaki Chicken Night, I grab a bag of chicken, the bag of other ingredients, and throw them in the crock pot together. (The best way is to put them in the fridge the night before so they’ll thaw enough to put them in the crock pot.) Then I add the pineapple when it’s almost time to eat. It’s so simple, and the whole family will eat it.
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 8 oz package baby cut carrots
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 small onions, sliced (about ½ cup if you're using frozen chopped onion)
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 16 oz can pineapple chunks, with juice
- Put all ingredients except pineapple in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Add pineapple. Turn heat to High and cook 30 minutes-1 hour longer, until pineapple is hot and just tender.
In other cooking news, I am very excited to have been accepted into the eMeals Blogger Network. They have provided me with a subscription to their service so that I can review it for you all! I’ll be working on that for you very soon. In the meantime, if you’d like to try out their new slow cooker plan, check out Lemon Chicken Thighs with Olives. You can get 15% off your subscription with the coupon code “SLOW.”