Now & Later Beer Chicken
Author: Meghan Gray
- 4 lbs skinless chicken thighs
- salt, coarse (kosher or sea)
- black pepper to taste
- 20 oz beer
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- Trim any visible fat from chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt and pepper.
- Put half of the chicken in the crockpot and half in a ziploc bag.
- Add half the onion to the crock and half to the bag.
- Combine beer, garlic and rosemary. Divide between the crock pot and the bag.
- Add one bay leaf to the crock and one to the bag.
- Cook the crock pot on low 4-6 hours. Lay the bag flat in the freezer and freeze.
- When ready to have Beer Chicken again, thaw the bag overnight in the fridge and then dump into the crock pot.
**You can use your favorite beer in this. We like it best made with Guiness.