Many thanks to JMM Danette Z. for her help with this one!
That nip in the air is here, and the leaves are falling down. What better way to make learning about Autumn fun than with an Autumn Leaves Playdate? Autumn leaves and seed pods offer lots of possible art, science, discovery and tactile activity options, so if you live in an area with an autumn season change, you can parlay that into one playdate or many playdates!
- Preserving leaves (with vegetable glycerine, wax paper or the microwave)
- Painting with leaves
- Coffee Filter Fall Leaves
- Autumn leaf lacing activity
- Autumn Leaves Coloring Page
- Leaf Match Printables
- Leaf Templates (good for stencils, coloring, sorting activities… the possibilities are endless!)
- Autumn Season Printables (Word cards, matching activity, play dough mats)
- Color the Leaves Handwriting Sheet
Hands On Play
- Set up an exploration table with leaves, seed pods and twigs and let the children do self-directed play.
- Got on a leaf walk
- Leaf Identification
- Jump in leaf piles
- Press leaves in a book
Around the Web
- Autumn Leaf Rhymes
- Leaf Preschool Lesson Plans from 123 Child
- The Activity Idea Place – preschool themes and lesson plans
- Fall theme lesson from 2care2teach4kids
- Autumn Preschool Theme from Stay At Home Educator
Do you have an awesome playdate idea to share? Submit it! We love hearing from you!